Sunday, January 6, 2008

Brody turned one!







Brody had his first birthday on December 20th. We're still in shock that he's already one! He's still our baby, that is for sure. I finally laid down the law on the bottle, but that was just yesterday:) He's still not even the slightest bit interested in walking. If you try and walk with him while holding his hands he throws the biggest fit and sits down. I guess he's technically taken his first step but walking is still a long way off. He definitely knows what he wants and is not afraid to let you know. He is a very picky eater and today at church was the first time that he actually swallowed bread. It was very sweet too. In our family we let the kids start taking the sacrament when they turn one. He rarely eats anything without spitting it out after he's chewed it for awhile and today he took the bread and very proudly chewed and swallowed. He really has a tender spirit and we feel so lucky to have him in our family! My neighbor inspired me to make the cookie cake from scratch and she was so kind to put the icing on it. Of course he had NO problems eating his piece of cookie cake:)

6 comments:

Ellen said...

What a cutie!!!! Happy First Birthday Brody darling!!

Shauni said...

Happy Birthday Brody! You are so adorable! I wish we lived closer so you and Jimmy could still be buddies! How are things going for you guys? How is the 1/2 marathon training? I love that we chose the same Christmas card--you guys look great! :)

amy said...

I have been waiting for a new update! Happy Birthday Brody! Last time I saw you you were pregnant. The time has flown! I need to see some pictures from Christmas.

Andrea said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday cute guy!

Greg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BWODIE!
We love you a million billion zillion! Sorry about the tone def birthday song message! Our hearts were in the right place!!
MUAH!!

They call me grandma said...

Happy Birthday Brodie--We love you so much and wish we could be with you. Start Walking so you can drive mom and dad nuts with that popper.