Monday, January 14, 2008

I've Been Tagged, again!

My sweet friend Ellen tagged me and I'm going to do my best to come up with 10 things! We'll see how it goes.

The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged, list their names, and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "you are tagged" on their profile and tell them to read your blog. Other than that, it looks like this:

1. I LOVE to read. I think I always have, but in recent years if the book is good, it becomes an obsession. I basically ignore the world around me while I turn the pages as fast as my eyes and brain can go. My poor husband and children:(

2. I am also obsessed with picking zits. Sorry if that is gross to most of you. I have always been "blessed" with terrible skin and I make it a million times worse and break the number one rule of keeping your face young by picking everything that remotely looks like a bump.

3. I was really grumpy at church last Sunday. It didn't help that we had driven for eight hours the day before. In January, all of the kids move up an age class in Primary (like Sunday school). Dallin is now a CTR (choose the right) 7, Ella is a CTR 6 and Caroline would have been a sunbeam. I was so grumpy that my little sunbeam had already gone straight to heaven!

4. I can tend to be very materialistic sometimes and gripe about how "poor" we are. I don't know why it is so easy to forget that I already have the whole world! My family and friends are really more than one girl could ever hope for!

5. I never know what to say when asked how many children I have. The answer is four, but the answer I say verbally depends on the person who asked and my mood for filtering reactions.

6. Before I met Michael, I didn't necessarily want to get married or have children. I was only 15, almost 16, when we met, but I was absolutely certain I was going to become a surgeon. I still yearn for medical things most of the time and love all of the dramatized shows about medicine, although I know they're nothing like real life. I've pretty much determined I always want to be a full-time mom, but if an opportunity ever arises and the stars are aligned, I would LOVE to go back to school.

7. My new favorite show is Jon & Kate plus eight on TLC. It makes my life feel soooo tame!

8. I think I have some kind of music playing all day long. I love music. It truly helps keep me up if I want, or need, to be up, and also helps me to mourn or just be sad if I need that. I really love music!!!

9. Yes I like Pina Coladas (virgin of course), and getting caught in the rain... Random thought but that is a great song:)

10. Dallin has had a tough transition to first grade. Oh wait, maybe more honestly, I have had a hard time that Dallin isn't the smartest, nicest, most obedient six-year-old on the planet. I have exceedingly high expectations for my children and my poor Dallin, probably because he's the oldest, takes the brunt of it. I'm hoping maybe the tween years will be my good parenting years. My poor kids need a break sometime don't they:) Dallin's elementary school is offering Love and Logic parenting classes for free and I'm hoping the refresher course, (I took it once before in Provo) will bring some much needed perspective. I really love and believe in the concept, it's just implementing it that's a challenge. Changing the way your mind processes and reacts to things takes lots of practice with lots of failure along the way. I guess it's true what they say, "Bad habits die hard!"

Now for ten people: I know everyone really values their time and it is a little time consuming but I really enjoy finding out interesting things about my friends!

1. Teri
2. Mindy
3. Shauni
4. Cindy
5. Andrea
6. Janeen
7. Brooke
8. Tara
9. and anyone else who secretly reads my blog and has one of their own but doesn't tell me! Confession can be a relief you know:)

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Number 9 is hilaaaaaaaaarious! You crack me up! Oh I loved reading your 10 randoms, thinking of you always, love you honey!!!

Brave Brooke said...

I loved your 10 things! To number 7 my family watches that show all the time and think it's so funny how much the parents fight. My family always quotes the line "yeah but we love each other" said right after they were really rude to one another. I'll go get started on my 10!

Shauni said...

Love your random thoughts and your honesty. I'll get to mine one of these minutes...and try to make them as good as yours! :) And I really do wish you could come sledding! We miss you guys!

Ellen said...

Hey P.S., I love the profile pic of you and Michael- no more "cop out" pic of your kiddos! Haha, seriously that's a great pic of you and Michael!

nc tate said...

I feel so bad for Logan, she's my trial run at parenting. Coops got it so much easier. It feels good to know I'm not the only one winging it with my first and hoping the "mom of the year award" is judged on moments and not all around. I'll try to get a top 10 out for you soon.