Wednesday, December 12, 2007
1/2 Marathon
Time for a little accountability! My friend/neighbor across the street is wanting me to do a 1/2 marathon in April. There are some other people in the ward who are wanting to run as well. My visiting teaching companion has a sister-in-law who has cancer. She just finished her chemotherapy and is now going to start radiation therapy. She lives in St. Louis and my friend is running to raise money and awareness for blood cancers. Her blog is www.shelbysjourney.blogspot.com. She is amazing!!! I'm not even sure of the details for the race, but I'm pretty sure it's in Tennessee at the end of April. The last real training I did was for a 5K in Provo, UT before I got pregnant with Brody! He's now turning one next Thursday and I've pretty much done nothing since then. I went running last night and tonight and I feel like I've caught the fever. I didn't do soooo bad either. I went 2.7 miles tonight and I'm still walking. I've always been too scared to run at night, but it has been so great!!! It has been really warm here the past couple of days and our neighborhood is out in the country, of sorts, and the sky is so dark and the stars are so bright! It's been really great. I also think long distance running is teaching me some life principles that I don't do really well like, slow down and be patient. I always want to rush through everything and if you do that running, you won't make it to the end. I have a really great friend who ran one this summer and our babies are the same age. She has provided me with so much inspiration and lots of great tips. I'm hoping to be as determined as she was. The winter months are going to be hard without a gym membership, but I'm done pointing out the negative and ready to take on a very ambitious goal! I'm sure all of you will help push me along this path! Please help push me along this path! I'm hoping the endorphins are going to keep me sane!! I'll try and keep you posted on my progress. I'm going for slow and steady!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Sounds like a worhty goal! I wish I was there to train with you, except I'm not sure a 1/2 marathon is anything I can do anymore. Maybe a 10K? I'm getting a treadmill for Christmas and I've got the running itch. It's got great shocks and I've got good shoes so I should be okay, right? I'm dreaming of the Provo Canyon 10 mile in the spring. I'll let you know if I can't walk later on!! Good luck to you, running brings back LOTS of good memories and feelings for me-- so it can't be that bad, can it?
I'm SOOO proud of you! Good work already starting your training. You know that I would run it with you if we lived where we could train together...just like we trained for our pre-pregnancy 5k together! :) It sounds like you have a great place/time to run and be able to see the stars, and that you have great friends to run with. Keep us posted on your progress--you'll do great!
Horray for you!!! living on a mountain makes running a totally different experience for me...I'm still happy if I run 4 or 5 at once. GOOD FOR YOU!
YOU GO WOMAN! You can do it, you rock! You are an inspiration!!
How exciting and fun for YOU! I really am excited for you, but there is a little hint of sarcasm in there.I don't think I could run around the block, but I think you are inspiring me to do more! Good luck, I know you can do it!
Awesome! You go girl! What a chance to see how strong you really are.
How awesome is that?! I am so happy and excited for you. If there is one thing you have taught me it is dedication. When you put your mind to something, be it big or small (and by the way this is HUGE), you get is done and you do it well. I support you 110%. As much as I hate running, I'll even run with you while you are training (I'll just drop off after about 100 yards cause woah...kevan doesn't run). Hugs and kisses i miss you guys
Run girl run!!
Wow, good for you! That's always been something I've wanted to do. Maybe after this baby I'll get more serious about it - good way to lose the baby weight. I got your address from Shauni and I'm awful - did I send you guys a Christmas card? I addressed a million one night and pregnancy brain is taking over...I can't remember who I sent them to. Let me know if I didn't so I can get it in the mail. Merry Christmas!
Hey Kendra, got your Christmas card today, and was excited to see you have a blog. Visit ours at Mariabramwell.blogspot.com. YouR card was darling, and I was excited to see that Ella has an American Girl Doll, Brin is getting one for Chistmas, so we will have to get them together to play!!!
you go girl! i think every mom should have passion for some goal or we get lost in all our giving to others. love your blog!
YOU CAN DO IT!! I've haven't seeb you come across a hurdle yet that you didn't fly over with room to spare! I'm so proud of you!!!
How was your Christmas? Did you ever get a card from us?
Post a Comment