Dallin has had a cough for a while now. I really didn't think anything of it and then last Wednesday he got a low grade fever. He wasn't feeling well so I kept him home Thursday and Friday thinking the weekend would allow him to fully recover. Sunday he spiked another temp and was up coughing most of the night. I made an appointment for him this morning thinking I was waisting $15 for them to tell me that he has a virus and to just hang in there. After two breathing treatments and a chest x-ray--- I was wrong! The poor guy has pneumonia and a sinus infection. They put him on breathing treatments at home, an oral steroid and 10 days of antibiotics! Poor little Brody has a sinus infection as well. He also is on antibiotics. My boys have been so sad but I have enjoyed spending some quality time with them. I have also really enjoyed not having to get up super early for school!!!
I'm also really sad today because my mom had to leave and go back to work. I have really enjoyed having her here. We REALLY MISS her already!
9 comments:
Poor babies! Hope they get better soon... Good you get to sleep in for a while though... just in time for cold weather and snuggling under the blankets.
Kendra that's awful! Make sure to finish ALL of the antibiotics, common sense right? When Connor had pneumonia we missed the last 2 doses, 3 weeks later he had pneumonia again with a 105.3 fever,AHHHHH!!!
Give the boys big smoochies from their Aunt Boo.
MUAH!!!!
Poor Dallin. I hope he feels better soon, it's no fun to be sick at Christmas time! Last year Johnny kept complaining about his ear hurting, I didn't believe him and because we always had standing Dr. appts. because of Josie, they checked him out and he had an infection! I felt TERRIBLE! They say the older you are the more ear infections hurt, so now I'm more careful about questioning sickness. Anyway, love you lots-- hope you're doing lots of holiday baking and crafts and shopping!
How sad! I am glad you finally got him to the Dr. before it got any worse. It's so sad when little ones are sick, but I have to admit I love that they will finally cuddle with you again! Enjoy sleeping in!
I'm soooooo sorry! They must feel awful, and I'm sure it shows through their beautiful blue eyes :( Please give them (and Ella) a hug/kiss from me! Also, check your email... Talk to you soon!
So sorry to hear about your boys. Guess that $15 wasn't looking so pricey anymore.
Hey Kendra, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, I found it thru a friend's. How are things going? I'd love to hear from you!
Tara
So sorry the boys are sick, but with everything there is a silver lining if you look hard enough, enjoy the extra hour of sleep!! Get well young men--Grandma is looking forward to you visit in just 3 weeks--No sick germs invited, just happy children ready to have FUN!!
Post a Comment