Thursday, November 29, 2007

High School Reunion

This year my mom spent Thanksgiving with us. (See the Kiggins' Blog for more Thanksgiving details) She drove with us to the Kiggins' house in Charlotte, NC and then drove my children back with her to Atlanta. She 's such a saint!!! She took all three kids with her, alone, and even stopped to buy a curtain for my family room that I couldn't find anywhere. I am so lucky to have such a great mom! Michael and I drove with Cara and Greg to Apex, NC on Friday and stayed until Sunday. Cara and I had a blast on Saturday. We went to my future sister-in-laws bridal shower in the morning with Teri and my mother-in-law and then to Nordstroms at South Point Mall to get our makeup done at the MAC counter. We even got fake eyelashes! That was the highlight for me. We then raced home to get ready for the big event. The turnout at the reunion was very disappointing. There were around 450 in our graduating class and maybe 30 people were there. I knew most of my friends that I keep in touch with weren't going to be there, but I never would have guessed that there would have been so few people there. It was fun to see the people who were there and I'm sure Michael, Cara, and Greg were ready to go long before I was, but I'm grateful they humored me. I can't believe it's already been ten years!

7 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

WOW, aren't you gorgeous? I'm glad you had a fun time at your reunion, I always wonder if I'll regret missing mine-- I had so many friends I would've loved to catch up with. Oh well! Your Mom is such a trooper, she loves those kids and you are so lucky to be so close to her. She's AMAZING! We missed you this year for Thanksgiving too, but we miss you all the time-- so that's nothing new. Take care and I want AFTER pictures of your painting, it looks awesome!

amy said...

I asked Cara how the reunion was and she said I did not miss out on much and she filled me in on who was there.
You girls are looking hot in those pictures. MAC is my favorite! It is a huge weakness of mine. I have so many eye shadows that I can't even use. I have learned to control myself a little more lately :)

Anonymous said...

OK...I'm posing a comment :)
The pictures are beautiful! I'm glad you had fun...while mom was busy with long last minute potty breaks (haha)! Give the kids a big hug from their Aunt and Uncle in Indy! I'll call you sometime in the next week or so, and plan on sending your items in that timeframe as well. Love and Miss You!!

Ellen said...

You ladies look HOT!! I know everyone there must have been impressed. Go MAC! Love you and miss you, I'm calling you today!!

nc tate said...

I guess I forgot you were still in high school when I was getting married. I must have gotten married really young, right after I graduated High School really, really early.

BTW...you look amazing!

They call me grandma said...

I'm glad you were able to come and go to your reunion even if it was disappointing. I always love having you in my home and sharing time with you. I was so proud to send off my 4 good looking kids for a night on the town. Glad we were able to share time with you.

Greg said...

I had fun with you. Who cares about those High School people anyway, you know you just wanted to see how fat everyone was. Your gorgeous, and outshine them any day of the week! The only people I wanted to be with drove with us there! :-)
MUAH!!!