Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Molly and Emily

Grammy came yesterday and the first words out of Ella's mouth were, "Did you bring my American Girl dolls?" Ella was able to get her birthday presents early from my mom because she won't be here on her birthday. I had heard rumors that someone in our ward was trying to sell their dolls because their little girl had outgrown them. I immediately called my mom and asked if she was interested for Ella's birthday. She said sure and the deal was done. My mom had gotten her a bitty baby a few years back and Ella plays with her all of the time. The mall closest to us just put in an American Girl Boutique and Bistro and she had already planned to take her there to let her pick out a doll for her birthday, so now she can take Molly and Emily with her to the store. I think Santa will probably bring her the Molly and Emily book collections to go along with her dolls. I remember reading the Samantha books when I was younger and I loved them. Michael cringes every time we talk about the dolls because most of their outfits cost as much or more than regular clothes. All I have to say is, "Thank Goodness for Grammy!" The girls are in their "Miss Victory" dance outfits in the pictures. They came with regular shoes and tap shoes. The closet was also something that the little girl had used.




8 comments:

Brave Brooke said...

I had a Molly doll! (well I guess it's still in the shelves at my parent's house) We were totally obsessed at my house. I think we ended up with 4 Bitty Babies, and 5 American Girl Dolls. My poor parents! I guess that's what happens when you have 4 daughters! Those outfits are WAY expensive. We used to make outfits for them a lot also. That's one of the first real things I made on a sewing machine. That's so fun she's getting into them. It's an awesome way to learn a little history too! Have a great day!

amy said...

What a nice grandma! One of my friends bought the bitty baby and about 5 outfits to go with it. I went online and looked at how much all of the stuff was and about died. Oh well, Rylee is getting her moneys worth out of them(and I didn't have to buy it).

Livingstone Family said...

I've debated about whether Maggie was old enough for them. My sister (who is 9) loves them and so when Maggie's with her she loves them too. She goes through phases with her Bitty Baby. I'm not even buying new clothes for it for Christmas this year. I was thinking next year she'll be old enough. So, won't it be fun when we come visit someday and we can take the girls to the American Girl store??

Ellen said...

Cute! Ella looks pretty pleased sitting in between her dolls. With such a content face, the expensive doll and clothing interest is worth it, no? Hee hee. Great you got that stuff used- she'll never know the difference! Maybe I can deceive Sutton so that she won't ever know American girls exist... so if we come visit, just have Ella put them out of sight! LOL!

Greg said...

Out of control!! Grammy is the best! Is this what I have to look forward to? SUPERFUN!

mamanicky said...

Ooooh Paige is all about the Itty Bitty baby for Christmas. She's already drawn Santa several pictures of exactly what she wants. I cringe at the prices too, what a racket!

Shauni said...

You look so cute with your new dolls, Ella! Abby thinks they are so pretty and she really misses you!

Ellen said...

love your new layout! missed you this weekend! will have to play over xmas. xoxo