
I have been so amazed this past week at how my emotions have been so across the board with the death of the president of our church, Gordon B. Hinckley. My first thoughts were of sorrow for the loss of an amazing man, a prophet who inspired me and brought a smile to my face each time I saw his. It seemed as quickly as I was saddened, I was joyful for his crossing through the veil to reunite with his loved ones, especially his wife whom he had so publicly missed. I then thought of Caroline and the possibility of her standing witness to his entrance into heaven and what that would have meant to her and how I ached to know what she was doing at that moment. Michael and I watched his funeral services on the internet on Saturday and I was moved to tears many times at the sweet words that were shared about his life, and I set some goals to try harder and to push the limits of what I consider to be my very best effort to be more Christlike in honor of the life that he lived. Our sacrament meeting was a treat with most everyone sharing their thoughts and feelings about a beloved prophet and what effect he had had on their lives. It was by chance, or not, that I was looking up the phone number of someone in our ward this morning and was able to see that the church was holding a press conference today. I was so grateful that the exact time I was looking up the number was the exact time it was starting. It was not a surprise that Thomas S. Monson would be called to be the president of the church but I was so grateful to see the faces of the new first presidency. I was grateful to hear the surety in their voices and to feel of their testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ. My testimony of the perfect organization of the church has been strengthened throughout this process and I was so thankful to be witness to it. I feel so unbelievably blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints!
2 comments:
Thanks for that entry. You're amazing.
I agree with you. I am thrilled to know that even though things change there is still consistency in the order of things. All week as I prayed for President Hinckley's family I also added President Monson and his family as they faced the new responsibilities that were theirs. Especially President Monson. I love how the Lord has a plan that is easy to follow. Remember, the only thing constant in life is change!!
Post a Comment