
I have been following the presidential primary with particular interest in one candidate because he is a member of our church. My interest in the beginning was there because of his religion but after looking at his life, political record, etc. I have grown very fond of Mitt Romney the person, regardless of his religion. I was astonished at how protective I felt during the last republican debate. My heart was just breaking whenever they made nasty comments about him and I finally had to turn it off because I was in such a tizy. I felt like I was watching a Carolina basketball game and for any of you who have watched Carolina basketball with me knows what I'm talking about. My friend sent me the best email today and I just wanted to share it with you and say ditto! Enjoy!
Dear family and friends,
I’ve gotten myself all riled up in the political atmosphere that is swirling around and would like to share my view with all of you. So if you have no desire to know my stance, please hit delete right now! Otherwise:
I have been following the presidential debates closely as well as the commentaries and analysis that accompany them. After hearing and studying the candidates, I have formed an opinion as to whom I believe will make the best president for our country. I know not everyone has reached this almost obsessive level of interest (“kids, no dinner tonight. I gotta turn the tv on to find out how the candidates polled/faired today!”) and so I would like to pass on the information that I’ve learned to those who are living a more balanced life, which usually includes little tv time. My hope is that those of you who hold views similar to mine and are either undecided or uninformed as to a candidate choice, will use this information to choose a candidate who will promote and advance the issues in a direction consistent with our beliefs.
With that said, this is where I stand politically: I believe in lower taxes, smaller government, less dependence on foreign oil and energy, securing the borders, fighting terrorism, education and the right to life, otherwise known as conservative. Conservatives, such as Sean Hannity, are endorsing Mitt Romney. They chose him over McCain and Huckabee as the only true conservative who can make these things happen in Washington. I believe that he can as well. He has a record of success, with his businesses (personal net worth around $200 million), as head of the 2002 Winter Olympics and as governor of MA. He has vision, optimism and specific strategies on accomplishing these goals.
Also, Romney has run a clean campaign, criticizing opponent’s records, not their character. I feel like he is a man of integrity and determination, much needed in a nation’s leader. In contrast to some of his opponents, he is even-tempered, humble and likable. He has proven that he is a people person, able to work with others effectively to accomplish change. I believe Mitt Romney has the strategies, skills and personality traits necessary to be a powerful president for good. My vote is for Mitt Romney.
This is my political stance so you can do with it as you please. With lots of primaries happening this Tuesday, and lots on the line for the republican nominee, I hope that all who can, will vote.
Friends and Family First, roo Zollinger
For more info:
http://mittromney.permissiontv.com/index.html
7 comments:
I love your passion and your heart. Just reading your latest blog entries. Side note: I understand your frustration in watching the political debates! I max out at about 20 minutes every time!!
That was a great letter Roo sent...I'm glad you posted it! Go Romney!!! I'm writing this before the CA results are in, so we'll see what actually happens. It's too bad Huckabee has taken the role of spoiler...
On another note, are you coming to Utah?
I too would love to see Romney in the White House. I have been following this election more than I would have guessed. I'm enjoying taking more of an active role in the things that are happening in our Country and the world around me! If he doesn't make it through the primaries at least he has been able to shed some light on our religion to the American people. He has done a good job of not making it a center of conversation but also answering questions and defending it when needed.
On a side note, I love that song you have "goodbye my almost lover" you'll have to tell me who sings it.
I know what you mean! I love Mitt!
TEAM ROMNEY!!
Bittersweet about Mitt. I'm not to keen on our little Phoenix Mav. See you at Sundance!
I am sure this was a rough day for you since Romney pulled out of the race. I was pretty shocked since the day before he was going all the way to the end.
Post a Comment