On a sad note, my dad has been moved to an assisted living facility in AR. It was not a shock, but then again it was. He hasn't been doing well for awhile, but the doctor declared him mentally incompetent; therefore, no driving which means no more living on his own. My sister was able to fly there for the weekend to help get him moved and his brothers and sisters in AR helped as well. I am going to drive there this weekend with Ella. I think my biggest emotions right now are of helplessness. There's not much I'm going to be able to do with three small kids at home in respect to his daily/monthly care. I am going to do as much as I can from an 8 hour drive away and pray the rest of the time that I'll be able to go when I'm needed. I never thought I would feel so young at my 29th birthday. My sister and I are still in shock that at our young age we are having to make decisions about our dad's life. We would love your prayers for my dad and also for our family as we try our best to figure this out.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Ski Utah!
On a sad note, my dad has been moved to an assisted living facility in AR. It was not a shock, but then again it was. He hasn't been doing well for awhile, but the doctor declared him mentally incompetent; therefore, no driving which means no more living on his own. My sister was able to fly there for the weekend to help get him moved and his brothers and sisters in AR helped as well. I am going to drive there this weekend with Ella. I think my biggest emotions right now are of helplessness. There's not much I'm going to be able to do with three small kids at home in respect to his daily/monthly care. I am going to do as much as I can from an 8 hour drive away and pray the rest of the time that I'll be able to go when I'm needed. I never thought I would feel so young at my 29th birthday. My sister and I are still in shock that at our young age we are having to make decisions about our dad's life. We would love your prayers for my dad and also for our family as we try our best to figure this out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
First, I am so sad to hear about your dad! Second, I am glad you got to come to Utah but you should have called me! It would have been great to see you! Glad you had a great time.
Glad your ski trip was a fun time! You and Michael look so sporty and so cute in your gear. I am sorry to hear about your dad, I know this must be stressful and just emotionally difficult for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family to get through this. I'm glad you and Ella are taking the trip. xoxo
We will certainly keep you and your father in our prayers. You are such a strong person - he is blessed to have you. I was so happy to hear of your trip - glad you got away for a bit!
The skiing looks like so much fun. I have only been a handful of times myself and there's no way I'd be able to go to the top of a big run. Good Job. I met your mom on Sunday and she was really sweet.
I'm glad you had a great trip! I saw your mom and church but I never got over to talk to her! But she looked like she was having fun with the kids! I'm sorry to hear about your dad! We will keep you and your dad in our prayers! Let me know if you ever need me to watch your kids on anything! Or if you just want to get together!
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good birthday, even with the not-fun stuff going on. Sorry to hear about your dad. You're a great daughter and you've always taken really good care of him. It was so fun to see you--I'm glad we were able to get together. Looks like you had a great ski day! And your new blog design looks great!
Kendra, I am so,so,so happy that you came to stay with us and we got to hang out. The kids wondered later that night when you were coming back. Glad you're okay with me screwing with your blog, you were still signed in on my laptop so I played around a little (don't worry, you're signed out now-- I won't post anything crazy!). I'm so grateful for your Mom for watching your kids so you could come and I hope everything works out with your Dad. You've done such a wonderful job taking care of him and I bet he'll adjust and love the assisted living center. Take care, love you LOTS!
Love the new page!
Skiing looks like it was a blast, you guys are adorable.
I'm sorry about your Dad. Of course he's in our prayers and you too. I can't imagine what your going through, but I guess it explains why I haven't heard from you in a few days. I love you. Please call me!
Utah....oh the beautiful memories we have there. Just seeing your pictures makes me miss it. So sorry about your father, that is really hard for you, thankfully you have many friends that love you and that will pray for you at this time, including the Jory's. Your blog does look AWESOME...when you figure out how to do it, let me know so I can give mine a touch of class!! Thanks for book suggestions, very insightful!
It was fun visiting for a little bit at Sundance. I'm very impressed that you and Mike went skiing.
I'm sorry to hear about your father. I wish him the best and you and your family strength and faith during this new challenge. We'll keep you in our prayers.
How fun to be able to go to Utah and visit!! I miss Utah and the snow. Skiing is fun and good exercise!!
I'm sorry to hear about your father. I remember one time when he was visiting you in Utah and we all played cards...it was fun. Although you are not as close to him as you would like, take comfort that he is in great care and remember Heavenly Father is always watching over him. He is in our prayers.
Your blog looks great. Very Kendra.
Glad to hear your trip was fun filled. Sorry your return home was met with so much reality.
Kendra! I can't believe I found you. I was just thinking about you and remembering that you said you had a blog. I googled you and I found you! This is so crazy. I'm glad I did. How are you?
I husband tagged you!
MUAH!!!
You HAVE to come ski southern Rockies with us next year...we just got back from Angel Fire, NM and it was the perfect ski weekend! Our kids all loved it and it would be SO fun with friends!!! Your blog looks great...how do you have time to look cool too? I'm feeling so out of the cool loop!
I am just catching up on blogs... I am so sorry to hear about your Daddy. I cannot even imagine what you must be feeling. I dread the day that I have to take care of my parents. It is aweful. I am praying for you and for your family. I love you girl and miss you a bunch!
Oh, and by the way, I am so proud of you for skiing. Maybe when I move home we can plan a fun ski trip. Glenn and I love it!
Miss you!
Post a Comment