
I have been so sad as I've looked back on the past few months and have realized that I have taken a handful of pictures. We didn't even get a picture of our family at Christmas this year, hence the no Christmas cards. My sister-in-law did get a few pictures of Michael's whole family which is an awesome feat with so many of us.

Michael did take a few pictures when we stayed with our friends in NC on New Year's Eve. Brody and their little girl, Maryn, were playing so cute together. They had one pot and were filling it with tons of fake food and then sitting at the table together. Kids are so cute at their age.


We also took a few at my sister's house on Christmas Eve. My sister spoiled them rotten this year and they were all so excited with their presents. It was really very special because my grandparents were able to come to her house. They don't drive very much at all and my mom was able to convince them that she would drive them and that it would be okay. Of course the weather was a little touch and go as they were driving, but they made it just fine. Sadly, on New Year's Eve my grandfather had to have surgery for a problem that kept coming up and was diagnosed with prostate cancer. My mom says that he has handled the news very well and they're going to take one day at a time. They are the most incredible grandparents I could ever ask for. I always know they are thinking of and praying for me and my family. They have been married for over 60 years and have been an incredible example to me in so many ways. I love them dearly and wish this was a burden I could take away from them. They are so strong I know they will endure it well.
5 comments:
Oh Keng so sorry to hear about your grandpa's diagnosis. How wonderful you got to spend the holiday with them. You are a blessing in their life just as you see that they are a blessing in yours. Miss you!
Brody is just so handsome and looking so grown up! I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Your grandparents sound like amazing people.
Hope the move is going well! Miss you back! :)
Hope all is well. We miss you tons. The bus stop just isn't the same without you. We will keep your grandparents in our prays.
no family pic at christmas???
i offered and u said no, and i knew u were just being nice b/c it was a crazy day...i KNEW i should've insisted...boooooooo!!! i'm soooo sorry!! :(
Family pictures can be a hassle depending on everyone's attitude. We used to go take them at Thanksgiving, Daddy would set the timer and run in--Just like Cara did. We would take a whole roll and hope for a good one(back before digital). They are really worth the effort. A pictorial memory of a growing family you can't reproduce in any way. Next time we all get together--who knows when that will be--I want 2 pictures--one of our 6 children with their spouses and 1 of the current grandchildren. It should be an interesting adventure.
As I look at the pictures you took of your grandfather at Thanksgiving I can see now that he looks so sick. We are keeping him and your Grandmother in our prayers as they go through this.
Post a Comment