We have seriously enjoyed our little Brody so much. I love hanging out with him while the kids are at school. We lined up his cars a couple of days ago and I of course had them all organized, tractors in their fields, regular cars, race cars, etc. He then pulls out his big dump truck and starts running over everything like he's at the monster truck rally. I could not stop laughing. I mean why wouldn't you just run over everything and make it all a huge mess. So cute! He also loves playing basketball in his room, but you will notice he doesn't like to shoot unless he's standing on the bin. He climbs up and down chasing the ball after he shoots, but he won't try and throw it while he's standing on the floor. Another cute thing he's started doing is dancing. I have got to figure out how to film it and post it because it is hilarious. He gets his little shoulders going up and down and he says, "Oh yeah, uh huh" in his cute little voice. He really is adorable.
One more funny story: I have really been trying to adhere to the "love and logic" parenting techniques with him. When he starts throwing a tantrum or whining or hits his siblings, etc, etc. I calmly take him to his room and say, "this is so sad, I guess you need a little bedroom time," and then I close the door. He can come out once he's settled down and he tells me he's sorry. Well he had gone to his room a couple of times pretty close together one day and the third time I shut the door he starts yelling, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!!" It was so funny! It really doesn't sound that funny now that I've typed it, but believe me it was funny. He thought he had figured it out. All I have to do is say these words and she'll let me out. Too cute!
5 comments:
What a cute boy! He and Jimmy would have so much fun playing basketball together. I love that Brody already thinks he's figured out that "I'm sorry" will get him out of the room immediately! Jimmy does the same thing. We're trying to work on sincerity of the "sorry", which isn't always his best quality--since he often repeats the wrong action right away! :)
How cute that he loves to play basketball! Jacob just started in a city league. He learned young about saying sorry!! It's funny how kids think they can 'trick us' by saying what they think they are supposed to. He is an adorable kid. I would love to see him in person!! Miss you guys soooo much!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDRA!!
-Brooke and Kev
I think my favorite picture of Brody is the baby announcement that you sent with him sleeping and the comment--"Little ones are so much fun...we thought we'd have another one!!"
Your family brings us much joy. Laughter is such a good way to deal with the daily trauma, I wish I could have laughed more. I am learning a lot from you--Thank you
Hope you had a fun weekend celebrating your birthday with your friends.
You're looking all settled in now--that Brody is a heart-breaker! Man I love those squeezable boys!
Post a Comment