Yes, that's right. A car top carrier filled to the brim and every space in our van stuffed with something. Not my brightest idea. Brody was actually really good this trip now that he's old enough to enjoy whatever movie the kids are watching. I think he's sad in the picture because I took away the Cheetos and replaced them with an apple-Crazy mom! We finally left Georgia at 2pm and got to my sister's house at 12am. Michael had to work the next day and he said he kept falling asleep at his desk! I lounged on my sister's couch and the children fed and entertained themselves. I confess that TV can be really useful when mom can't function, and because they haven't watched it in a long time. Michael's parents were really awesome to come and help install appliances and clean our house before we left. And of course play with the kids and make an end table, etc., etc. They are seriously endless project doers. We could not have done it without their help!!!! We're (Michael and I) really happy to be in the same part of the country again, even if we don't live together yet. Hopefully soon:)
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Moving Day!
Moving has been a long drawn out process the last two times we've moved. I'm pretty sure it's because we aren't getting to move directly to our destination which subconciuosly makes me procrastinate all of the steps necessary for a flawless move. Utah to North Carolina move was one of the worst. It was like the day that would never end and our stuff just kept multiplying. This time my plan was to move all of our clothes and toys to our interim destination of my mom's house. That doesn't sound like a whole lot of stuff, but this is what we ended up with...



Yes, that's right. A car top carrier filled to the brim and every space in our van stuffed with something. Not my brightest idea. Brody was actually really good this trip now that he's old enough to enjoy whatever movie the kids are watching. I think he's sad in the picture because I took away the Cheetos and replaced them with an apple-Crazy mom! We finally left Georgia at 2pm and got to my sister's house at 12am. Michael had to work the next day and he said he kept falling asleep at his desk! I lounged on my sister's couch and the children fed and entertained themselves. I confess that TV can be really useful when mom can't function, and because they haven't watched it in a long time. Michael's parents were really awesome to come and help install appliances and clean our house before we left. And of course play with the kids and make an end table, etc., etc. They are seriously endless project doers. We could not have done it without their help!!!! We're (Michael and I) really happy to be in the same part of the country again, even if we don't live together yet. Hopefully soon:)
Yes, that's right. A car top carrier filled to the brim and every space in our van stuffed with something. Not my brightest idea. Brody was actually really good this trip now that he's old enough to enjoy whatever movie the kids are watching. I think he's sad in the picture because I took away the Cheetos and replaced them with an apple-Crazy mom! We finally left Georgia at 2pm and got to my sister's house at 12am. Michael had to work the next day and he said he kept falling asleep at his desk! I lounged on my sister's couch and the children fed and entertained themselves. I confess that TV can be really useful when mom can't function, and because they haven't watched it in a long time. Michael's parents were really awesome to come and help install appliances and clean our house before we left. And of course play with the kids and make an end table, etc., etc. They are seriously endless project doers. We could not have done it without their help!!!! We're (Michael and I) really happy to be in the same part of the country again, even if we don't live together yet. Hopefully soon:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Moving day is always horrendous. So sorry it took forever to get you on the road that day, but it is true that things always seem to keep multiplying, you think it is the end and something else turns up.
I pray that this next weekend with the movers helping it will be better. But, then again, you already moved all of the hard stuff ;o)
Post a Comment