Friday, August 15, 2008

Memorial Day/ Dallin's Birthday

Memorial Day
Michael's sister and husband, Cara and Greg, were able to come and visit for Memorial Day weekend. We spent lots of time at the pool and just having a great time. We had lots of good food and we even got to go on a double date! The kids had a blast and we were sad when the weekend came to an end.
Dallin's Birthday

We had more family in town the weekend before Dallin turned 7. Michael's brother and wife, Kevan and Brooke, and his parents were able to come and hang out with us. It was a crazy weekend because I had lots of church (primary) resposibilities, but I was grateful for the help. They got to go and see Dallin's first baseball game (he played coaches pitch this year) and Dallin was so happy to have his own cheering section! We had a small party with our neighbors at our neighborhood pool. (Of course I didn't take any pictures:() But we had a great time. Michael's parents gave Dallin the gift of seeing a Brave's game. Michael and I took the kids and had a friend watch Brody because the game didn't start until 7:00pm. We took the MARTA, the public transit here, down to the game. It was a fun experience with nothing too crazy happening. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!! (The Braves lost to the Phillies, but ended on a very exciting inning. It was a pretty good game.)

1 comment:

nc tate said...

I can't believe we missed it. Grad school happens. I remember one other birthday of Dallin's that was spent at a baseball game. It was a mere six years ago. Can you believe it.