Thanks Mindy...
What I was doing ten years ago: Freshman year, first semester at UNC-Chapel Hill. That's about all I can say about that. I was loving every minute of college life. I loved my classes, dorm room, roommate, campus, everything. I missed my boyfriend who was out of the country and I was trying hard to "find myself." I'm pretty sure I dyed my hair red around that time because I wanted to feel like more of an individual. Apparently I thought there were too many longhaired blondes on campus. Who knows really what was going on in that head of mine!?!
What I was doing five years ago: September 2002- We were living in Holly Springs, NC. Dallin was almost 16 months old and I was pregnant with Ella whose due date was December 7? Michael was still working on his undergraduate degree and working full-time. I was working occasionally as a dental hygienist. We lived down the street from Michael's sister Cara and her husband Greg. We also lived within ten miles of pretty much the rest of Michael's family and my parents. We made lifelong friends in Holly Springs most of whom I still keep in touch with regularly now. We loved our little first house in our "ghetto" neighborhood:)
One year ago: September 2006- We were living in Provo, UT. Dallin was 5, Ella was 3, Caroline had been our angel for one and a half years and I was pregnant with Brody who was due December 24. We had spent the summer in Denver, CO on an internship at PwC and we were glad to be back "home." I didn't realize how much I would miss all of my mismatched things. The apartment complex was a little sad to come home to though. Most of our friends had also moved away during the summer. Dallin started kindergarten and Ella started preschool. My year was spent driving from north Provo to Springville three days a week plus all of the extras I signed my kids up for. I look back and wonder what in the world I was thinking. I guess the saying is true that you live and learn.
Yesterday: I started the day at 6:20am fixing breakfast for Dallin. After getting him on the bus, Michael got home at 7:00am. He came in and was coherent for about 30 mins before crashing hard on the couch. Ella and I tidied up the house and got ourselves ready to go to Dallin's fun run. After we got home from the fun run I put Brody down for a nap and hit the road. I went to JoAnn Fabric all by myself and picked up some fabric to make some baby blankets for the achievement day girls activity. I also visited Walmart and Costco along the way. I rushed home to find my wonderful husband had prepared dinner. I sat down, gobbled it up and rushed to church. I was in charge of the eight and nine year old girls. We had fun making the blankets for a local hospital. When I got home I was a little tired to say the least. Michael and I hung out for a little while and then went to bed. I'd say it was a pretty typical day.
5 snacks I enjoy: I'd say my favorite snack is chocolate. I've been trying to do better lately and limit myself to one a day. I was doing pretty good until Michael brought me home some BYU bookstore fudge. I have been on a hummus kick lately. I bought some roasted red pepper hummus from Costco and I've been eating it on panetini (Italian baked toast) also from Costco. It is delicious. Any nuts- mostly almonds or cashews. Yogurt-Activa. Chips-Cara started me on these chips by Flat Earth. They're supposedly healthier for you because they have either fruit or vegetable portions depending on the kind you buy.
5 things I would do if I had $100 Million: Hire a chef and personal trainer; pay off student loans (well, a majority of them anyway! Ha, Ha); build my dream house in my dream location; travel; share with family and friends.
5 places I would run away to: I would love to run away to somewhere with a warm climate, not too hot, to sit by a pool and have people bring me books that I would love to read.
5 TV shows I like: I'm really too embarrassed to say what I really like (the Hills, Newport Harbor, Life of Ryan, Hogan knows best, Everybody Loves Raymond). All I have to say is that cable TV has not been good to me.
5 things I hate doing: Folding and putting away laundry; cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, lunch and dinner and all of the snacks in between; waking up in the dark; bagging grass; coming to the end a good book.
5 biggest joys of the moment: listening to Brody babble; listening to Dallin read; watching Ella play with her friends; giving Michael a big hug after he's been traveling--or anytime for that matter; relaxing on my new couch
I now have to tag 5 (or so) people: I would love to read everyone's!!! Cara Kiggins, Teri Tate (you could always dictate it to your secretary:) Nichole Huntsman, Janeen Hammond, Amy Allen... I think that's all of the blogs I know about.
5 comments:
That was sweet. I miss you guys so much!
I love the look back in time. Now where was I 25 years ago?? Oh yes, sitting in our new home in Texas with 4 kids, Cara-4, Michael-5, Teri-6 and Shawna-8 Awaiting the upcoming birth of Kevan our 5th due in 2 weeks. Now I watch you living my life. All I can say is I keep you daily in my prayers.
Don't like it....LOVE IT!!
What a cute idea....Thanks for passing it on!
Of course I don't mind; I read your blog!! Oh I miss you guys so much!
They're all working so hard on the house. I'm so grateful for great family! I hope yall are doing well down in GA. See ya soon!
Well, with a little help from you and Cara, who had to send me my own link, I obviously took over the family blog. My secretary's plate overfloweth and he could not keep up with my demands. Don't worry, I kept him on staff, he provides some nice eye candy. Love you, thanks for the tag and the push to blog.
Post a Comment