Friday, March 13, 2009

The Temple

www.lds.org is our home page and I was getting on the computer to check when my library books were due and I watched this beautiful video that the church just made available to truly inform people what our temples are about. I was actually crying, which doesn't take much these days, but I was so profoundly grateful to be a member of a church that is able to combat ignorance with knowledge. I love the quote by Margaret D. Nadauld that says "Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity" ("The Joy of Womanhood," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 15). I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is a beautiful video. I think it's important especially right now, with so many people confused about our faith, that people understand why we have temples and what goes on in them. Thanks for the post!

Shauni said...

I love the quote you shared about women of God. That video is beautiful. I love the segments from the Harvard professors who are not of our faith. Yesterday we went to the Draper Temple Open House, and they showed part of that video in the introduction video. It was such a great experience to be able to take our kids and have them get to see what temples look like inside. Even little Jimmy was so excited that he got to go inside. And I think they were able to really feel the spirit of it, even being undedicated, as they were all abnormally reverent the entire time we were there. Thanks for sharing this.

tara said...

What an awesome church we belong to! I hope your little family is doing well. That's so awesome you sold your house. We have been trying to sell for almost a year and it's frustrating!!

They call me grandma said...

Well said. You always make me proud. That quote is one of my favorites also. Thank you for being such a good wife and mother.

Good Work, Love, Mom