
This year marks three decades of life on earth. They've been pretty excellent to me so far. My family, the kids and Michael, celebrated my birthday a little early because of the trip Michael and my friends had planned for me. I got the cutest gifts from the kids and very thoughtful gifts from Michael.
On the Wednesday before my birthday my mom was nice enough to come and stay so that Michael could still go to work while I was gone. They were both so sweet to make this sacrifice for me! I flew to the Minneapolis airport for my layover and met up with my friend from NC, Jen, and we flew together to Utah to visit our friend Jenny. We arrived in Salt Lake City really late that night but of course we stayed up even later catching up. The next morning we, Jen and I, slept in and after dropping off kids and eating lunch we headed to Alta to ski for a few hours. Unfortunately no one was feeling very well. We were all a little wiped out from staying up so late and Jen and Jenny were feeling a little sick. Jen hadn't gone skiing since she was little so she stayed on the bunny slope while Jenny and I decided to go up the lift at least once.




As we were coming down Jenny took a bad fall and had to be snowmobiled down the mountain!!

Needless to say I was a little panicked, but was hoping for the best. I found her boys and Jen and we headed down to the Alta ski clinic. A lot of pain and a few x-rays later showed that she had torn her ACL and actually fractured off a piece of the bone with it! Through it all she did her best to keep going. She even went out to dinner with us the same night! She also however, had a stomach bug and threw up for the next three days! I seriously don't know how she kept going, but she did. We went up to Park City on Friday and stayed in the most amazing suite. Jenny's brother-in-law hooked us up! We went shopping while we waited forever to get a table at "The Chophouse." When we were finally able to be seated everyone started clapping and yelling as I wheeled Jenny in her wheelchair to our table. We were laughing so hard. We got up the next day and went to the outlet mall that was close by. We didn't last very long at the outlet mall and called it a day after Jenny threw up in the snow. We felt like horrible friends for dragging her around with us, but I promise she really did keep insisting that she wanted to go. We got up on Sunday and went to church and then headed to Salt Lake to walk around temple square. Jen and I flew out on Monday and we were both sad and happy to be going home. We were excited because we missed our families, but sad that our girls weekend had already come and gone. It was certainly an eventful trip to bring in my 30's and one I will never forget!

5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDRA
I am glad you had a great trip but so sorry we could not spend time with you and the fam or even come help make it happen for you. Glad you are close to your mom, sisters and grand parents. Nothing can ever take the place of your very own mother or family.
We wish you another happy 3 decades. We love you and miss you, so sorry there are so many miles between us now
Welcome to the Old Lady Club!
Though the fact that you could still pass for a 22 year old makes you a little unworthy of our club :P
Happy Birthday Babe!!
Happy 30th Birthday!! How fun to get away and go out with friends!!! You have a great mom and husband to let you get away for a few days!!
Happy Birthday!!! What a fun trip and it is so fun to see those girls in your pics!! Tell them hello from me! The pics of your kids playing outside made me homesick for Columbus =) Although, I do kind of like not ever having to worry about cold or wet here. Although dusty is more messy than you might think =) Congrats on turning 30. I've decided it's the best decade. you actually know who you are, and you're done worrying that you might be doing everything wrong. Enjoy!
Happy birthday Kendra! I don't think I realized you're so much younger than me (well, a year and a half isn't SO much I guess). What a fun/crazy/wild celebration you had. Have a great year!
Post a Comment