
Ella had her five year well visit this week. We did it a little early so that she could get the flu vaccine. Our peds office won't let you get one unless you're a patient and she hadn't been seen there yet. The poor girl had to get four shots. I think this visit is the worst doctors visit by far. She was really stressed about the shots but everything went fine. We had a few comical moments of course (She had to go potty in a cup while I was holding Brody. I was supposed to wipe her first but when we got to the restroom she really had to go so I knew if I tried to wipe there would be a huge mess and no potty in the cup. We didn't get a clean catch and we still managed to make a huge mess while Brody was trying really hard to get out of my arms to crawl on the bathroom floor.) It was fabulous. Two hours later we were done and these are her stats: Weight - 36lbs - 30%; Height - 40in - 14% Now she's all ready for Kindergarten!!! This is all going way too fast!
5 comments:
She's so grown up! Good for her to get her shots and be okay. I really don't understand how they think they can get a four year old to pee in a cup! What's up with that? I made appts. for us all to get flu shots next week, mostly for Josie's benefit, but Maggie is already stressed out about the whole ordeal!
Oh no! I hate shot visits! What a brave little cutie pie. The bathroom part was hilarious!
I am not looking forward to taking Rylee to that visit.It's hard enough to have an adult pee in a cup, so it blows my mind that a dr. thinks a 4(almost 5) year old can do it.
I can see how much fun it was in the bathroom, especially doing everything while holding Brodie. Congratulations Super Mom-- You are the best.
Ella is growing up to be quite the darling. Give her a kiss for me.
Love, Grandma
I remember the day little Miss Thing was born. Everything was covered in ice and you didn't have any electricity in your house. Remember you, us, and the Kiggs had a big sleepover the night before she arrived. Dallin couldn't sleep, so you stayed up with him watching TV all night. One of my fonder memories.
Speaking of potty, just before Coop was born, Logan had an emergency Dr. visit one Sunday morning where she had to potty in a cup. I remember crouching down in a tiny bathroom, with my giant belly, in heels, holding up her pretty princess dress while Jeff held a cup, and we all sang the peepee in a cup song. Good Times in public bathrooms.
Post a Comment