Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a busy, fun-filled Easter weekend. Michael had Good Friday off, so we headed up to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis to see their new Star Wars: The Clone Wars exhibit. There is always so much to see there. We're glad we got season passes so we don't feel like we have to see everything every time we go. On Saturday we were invited to an Easter egg hunt at our friends' property. "Oma and Opa," as everyone at church calls them, are wonderfully amazing people. We roasted hot dogs, went for a tractor/wagon ride and searched for Easter eggs. Brody was really more interested in eating the candy rather than finding it, but Ella didn't let him get distracted for long.

I found this idea on a blog. It was too adorable to pass up. Next year we'll have to figure out a better way to secure the easter eggs because they kept falling out, but you get the idea. Her hair was the talk of the party:)




Easter clothes were a little harder to come by this year, hence the large pile of returns by my front door. My mom found Ella's dress which came with a matching dress for her bitty baby. I forgot to get a picture, but I'm sure she'll wear it again soon. I finally thought I had everything together and when I put Brody's tie on it was way too long! I found the one he has on in his closet and I was super happy it was the same basic color as Dallin's. I know it's silly, but it's seriously so fun to me to see the kids in coordinating outfits.
My sister, her husband and our friend Maria came over for our Easter meal and we had a fun time hanging out and watching the children run wild from all of the sugar they had eaten the entire day. I love the Easter season and the hope it brings to my life. Now all I want is for it to stop raining and warm up! I know that sounded a little bitter, but seriously, why are we still wearing our winter coats!!!! I'm soooo ready for some nice warm weather:)

4 comments:

brittanimae said...

Oh, Kendra! I have to tell you that I spent the entire winter fantasizing about that job in Indiana (how sad is it that Indiana is a fantasy for me??), and after all that, Aaron didn't get it. Now I see the cute pictures of the Indianapolis Children's Museum and think about shopping for Easter clothes at Target . . . and I'm pretty sure I saw real live grass in those pictures, and I'm so sad! Maybe we'll still end up someplace close?!

Shauni said...

Holy cow, your kids are growing up! Ella looks just like you!

Ellen said...

I always love your updates. Great Easter pictures. I love matching outfits too. : ) So sorry to hear about your Dad but wonderful you are able to cherish those memories of happier days. I am glad you got to visit him. I hope on some level it was good for him too.

They call me grandma said...

Love the Easter outfits--so glad you were able to find the matching clothes--I guess it is a way to say "These all go together and they are mine!!"

I am so glad you were able to spend time with ompa and oma. We really missed you at the Easter Egg hunt here and the baby blessing, but were glad you had some good memories you were able to make in your own neck of the woods. I am thankful for people who take care of you when I can't.

The children are growing up too fast, and I love Ella's hair. Good job Kendra--you are an amazing mother.

Guess if you want warmer weather in April you will need to move more south again, until then day dreams are an amazing quick trip I have found.